Saturday, May 31, 2008

NEVER. MIND.

Well.
That was quick.

In the span of just a few days last week, we first decided that we needed to let Tobbi go, then his previous owner agreed to have him back, then that took a left, and now we find ourselves quite possibly looking for a new home for him...

I'll post the whole story once everything has actually "worked out" and is "over" -- I feel sort of like I'm on jury duty and can't really blab until the case is closed -- let's just say that for now...it's back to the starting gate (NPI) as far as horses go. I'll miss our boy (in some ways he will always be our boy; in some ways I wonder if he ever was) but I know we're doing the right thing by him. You know how when you think something is working but then once you stop and really get it, you realize you've been forcing it, and you surrender and then it all feels for-real right and you get out of the way and you can breathe again? That's where we're at. It was a great idea, but didn't quite pan out the way we'd imagined. How cool to be able to admit that we made a mistake, and instead of worrying about looking bad (though I do feel utterly humiliated), just stand up, say OOPS, and move on.

I know it's not "his fault" -- he is a prince. We are just a little too new at this to know what the heck we're doing.

And so we're in limbo yet again...waiting...wondering...on hold...
Stay tuned. Hopefully soon I'll be posting an announcement that we've found someone delightful for him...

No comments: